Mar 10, 2007

Eternity's eternal song is calling me and drawing me away...

Life. God's voice is becoming so clear & everything else so dim; the lust of the flesh still rages. God's piercing, still, small voice is all that sustains me. I'm nothing without Him. I struggle thru tests, trials, & purging. What I've faced has been so difficult & continues to get worse. Only by His grace do I stand. In those intense moments, right in the middle of the storm, I hear a gentle word from God. Even the slightest whisper of God pierces your heart, turns your stomach, & leaves you breathless! All it takes is that whisper to push you to fight thru the rest of the storm victoriously. This is where being eternally-minded comes in.

God is teaching me so much. It's come to a point where, if my emotions control me, I wont make it thru the trials & give up. I had no idea the kind of power we have in the Lord to overcome even emotion. Obviously God is God & He can do anything but I've found Phil 4:13 to be true through experience now.
Even using scripture is a sword to fight & give strength to endure. In fact, that's what Job, Paul, & Jesus did! When tempted, persecuted, slandered, etc, they picked up the sword & fought. They spoke the truth of the Word of God & endured because their sword is a weapon & an anchor to stay steady & not be moved.

Job is the perfect example. Job went thru the most intense trials a man's ever endured. His "friends" mock, slander, & speak lies over him. His response is Job 26:'How You have helped him who has no power! How You have saved the arm that has no strength! How You have counseled him who has no wisdom, and plentifully declared sound knowledge! With whose help have You uttered words, and whose breath has come out from You? The dead tremble under the waters and their inhabitants. Sheol is naked before God, and Abaddon has no covering. He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing. He binds up the waters in his thick clouds, and the cloud is not split open under them. He covers the face of the full moon and spreads over it His cloud. He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness. The pillars of heaven tremble and are astounded at His rebuke. By His power He stilled the sea; by His understanding He shattered Rahab. By His wind the heavens were made fair; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. Behold, these are but the outskirts of His ways, and how small a whisper do we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?'"

Jesus did the same in Matt 4:1-11, where Satan twisted scripture but Jesus fought back with the truth of the Word of God. For Job & Jesus, the Word was their sword & anchor. It's no coincidence that the Word is the only weapon listed in the Eph 6 armor of God.

I've learned & grown a lot & praise God for it all. Though its difficult I rejoice & have joy knowing this momentary, light affliction is working in me an eternal weight of glory! For real.

No comments: